Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Brigitte Bardot & French Irony

" Former French film star Brigitte Bardot has failed to overturn a conviction for inciting racial hatred against Muslims."

"The actress-turned-animal rights campaigner was prosecuted over her article called Open Letter to My Lost France."


"Bardot wrote: "...my country, France, my homeland, my land is again invaded by an overpopulation of foreigners, especially Muslims."
"


It seems this is the third time sister-girl has been convicted in French court for "inciting racial hatred." In the past, she complained about the proliferation of mosques in France "while our church-bells fall silent for want of priests."

Excuse me, but, isn't open and frank (heh) dialogue about sensitive and relevant topics supposed to be the hallmark of a progressive society? Uh huh, yeah.

The fine charged for Ms. Bardot's 3rd faux pas was around $5,000.00. I wonder how much the fine would be if she made the same kind of comments about Americans? Bwahahahaha!