Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Anarchy Anyone?

"I do not accept the rules imposed by others...I am a law-abiding citizen, but I recognize that there are regimes that need to be opposed rather than accepted. And in periods of regime change, the normal rules don't apply."

George Soros



Frontpage Magazine has a detailed description of the nexus between this billionaire radical and the DNC and possibly the Kedwards' campaign. I am not saying that Sen. Kerry holds the same beliefs as Soros. But I am concerned with the possibility that if he does get elected, how can he not be indebted to him? We are all adults here. We all know that money plays a big role in politics. We all know that politicians depend on big money to get elected. We all know that for the most part, the people or groups supplying that money are not doing it for merely altruistic reasons. We all also know that large amounts of money can buy a person a seat at the table. And we all know that really large amounts of money can buy influence on government policy. If John Kerry is elected in November, it will be in large part due to the efforts of George Soros. This worries me for two reasons. Number one, I am just not sure if John Kerry is strong enough to rebuff the influence of this billionaire left-wing extremist and number two, I just don't know if John Kerry is ideologically inclined to rebuff this billionaire revolutionary.